The Gallery of the Macon Arts Alliance is seeking submissions for the third annual juried drawing show, Drawn to Macon. This exhibition will represent selected Georgia visual artists who use drawing as an integral part of their creative practice. The Gallery will display diverse approaches and concepts that expand the traditional definition of “drawing”. This context of drawing is not restricted to specific media, subject matter or dimensional application meaning both 2D and 3D submissions are eligible. Submissions may be preliminary investigative work, experimental work, or finished products.
Artists may submit three pieces for consideration, three single images for 2D work and three pairs of images for 3D work.
- Women from Middle Georgia 18 years of age or older
- 2D work should not exceed 60” x 72”
- 3D work must be able to be fit on a 16” x 16” pedestal or attached to a wall
- Applications must include a short bio and statement about the work
- Accepted work must be shipped or delivered to the gallery
- Special installation requirements must be detailed in the application with specific hardware or devices provided
- Complex objects may require installation by the artist.
- Entries must be available for sale at Macon Arts Gallery during the exhibition using a 60%/40% artist/gallery commission formula.
Deadline for Submission: January 10, 2020 by 5 PM
Acceptance Notifications: January 17, 2020
Accepted Works Delivered Gallery: January 27 – February 1, 2020
First Friday Opening Reception: February 7, 2020 from 5-8 PM
Drawn to Macon Exhibition: February 7-28, 2020
Unsold Works Removed from Gallery: No Later than March 3, 2020 unless return shipping fees, packaging and call tags are provided during original delivery.
A $25.00 entry fee payable to Macon Arts Alliance via Eventbrite, check, or paid by phone with a credit card is required.
Email images, statements and bios to email@example.com using subject line “Drawn to Macon 2020”. Images must be identified with dimensions, media format and retail pricing. Additional inquiries should be directed to Curator Megan McNaught using the email above, by calling (478) 743-6940, or visiting the Macon Arts Alliance Gallery located at 486 First Street, Macon, GA 31201.
Craig Coleman, Artist and Chair of the Art Department, Mercer University
Megan McNaught, Artist, Educator and Curator for Macon Arts Alliance Gallery