Join our Team.
Executive Director Position Description
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Macon Arts Alliance. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Board Governance: Work with Board of Directors to fulfill the mission of Macon Arts Alliance
- Leading Macon Arts Alliance in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors and provide, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
- Identification and recruitment of new members for the Board of Directors
Financial Performance and Viability: Develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial stability of the organization
- Fiscal integrity of Macon Arts Alliance, to include submission to the Board of Directors of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial stability of the organization
- Fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Generation of revenue for the operations of the organization in order to fulfill the mission of Macon Arts Alliance – such as securing corporate sponsorships, direct fundraising from individuals, and public and private grant programs
- Ability to sustain present donors and cultivate new donors for financial support
- Execute all necessary grant fulfillment requirements
Organization Mission and Strategy: Work with Board of Directors and Staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach
- Implementation of programs that carry out the Macon Arts Alliance mission
- Strategic planning to ensure that Macon Arts Alliance can successfully fulfill its mission
- Sustainment of a positive and visible role for Macon Arts Alliance in the community through media, publications, web presence, speaking engagements, and active involvement in community activities by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
Organization Operations: Overall organization direction by overseeing and implementing appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate
- Administrative leadership in the development and management of staff of Macon Arts Alliance
- Supervision of staff and development of policies that ensure an effective and efficient operation
- Contract negotiations for all services needed
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Effectiveness in generating revenue through community support, corporate sponsorships, and grant programs
- Grant writing experience
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Macon Arts Alliance’s strategic plan to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate Board of Directors and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Working with governmental agencies will be preferred, but not required
- Plan and execution of the Macon Arts Alliance annual budget
- Establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operations of Macon Arts Alliance
- Serving as Macon Arts Alliance’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the mission of Macon Arts Alliance
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of Macon Arts Alliance throughout the State of Georgia
- Supervise and collaborate with organization staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee Organization, Board of Directors and committee meetings
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
VALUES OF MACON ARTS ALLIANCE:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Continuous Learning
- Openness and Inclusiveness
- Community Spirit
- Arts and Cultural Advocacy
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health and earned paid time off.
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31,2018 for consideration.
Submissions will also be accepted by mail to:
Macon Arts Alliance
P.O. Box 972 Macon, GA 31202
Macon Arts Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Macon Arts Alliance
The mission of the Macon Arts Alliance is to foster and support the advancement of arts and culture in Central Georgia. We strive to be an innovative leader of a diverse and thriving arts community as well as a strategic partner in creating an open, inclusive, and vibrant place for artists, arts organizations, residents, businesses, and tourists. Macon Arts Alliance is the designated local arts agency of Macon-Bibb County.
Macon Arts Alliance was founded in 1984 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit. Since then, the arts alliance has worked to support, promote and advocate for the multi-million arts and culture industry in Macon-Bibb County and throughout Central Georgia. We serve more than 50 arts and cultural organizations and the fine arts programs of five universities throughout the mid-state. Macon Arts Alliance is supported by public investments from Macon-Bibb County, Georgia Council for the Arts, National Endowment for the Arts, and through generous private support from foundations, corporations and individual contributions.
Macon Arts Alliance fulfills its mission by offering programs and special events in the City of Macon. Programs include: Macon Arts Roundtable, Macon Arts Gallery, and Mill Hill: East Macon Arts Village which include the Mill Hill Cultural Arts Center. Special events include: First Fridays at The Gallery at Macon Arts, Arts Advocacy Breakfast, The Cultural Awards, Fired Works – a regional ceramics exhibition and sale, and other fundraising events throughout the fiscal year.