Celebrating Macon’s Bicentennial
Show Dates: November 3 – 17, 2023
Opening Reception: November 3rd, 4 – 7pm
Application Deadline: October 13th
Artwork Drop-off: October 24th – 27th
Macon Arts Alliance is celebrating 200 years of Macon with its November show, 200. Artists are asked to submit works that are either under $200 or under 20” in all directions.
This exhibition will represent a variety of styles and mediums. Work accepted into the show is not restricted to specific media, subject matter or dimensional application, meaning both 2D and 3D submissions are eligible. Submissions may be preliminary investigative work, experimental work, or finished products.
Artists may submit three pieces for consideration, three single images for 2D work and three pairs of images for 3D work.
- 2D work should not exceed 20” in any direction
- 3D work must be able to be fit on a 16” x 16” pedestal or be able to be hung on a wall.
- Applications must include a short bio and statement about the work
- Accepted work must be shipped or hand-delivered to the gallery
- If shipping the work, postage must be pre-paid, and must include a return shipping label.
- Special installation requirements must be detailed in the application with specific hardware or devices provided.
- Entries must be available for sale at Macon Arts Gallery during the exhibition using a 60% / 40% artist/gallery commission formula. Work will also be listed for sale online at maconarts.org/shop.
- Unsold work may be picked up or will be shipped back within a month following the conclusion of the show
Inquiries should be directed to Sierra Bush by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org calling (478) 743-6940, or visiting the Macon Arts Alliance Gallery located at 486 First Street, Macon, GA 31201.