Entry Deadline: July 23, 2021
Acceptance Notification: July 30, 2021
Show Dates: September 3 – 24, 2021
Opening Reception: September 3rd , 4 – 7pm
Eligibility: Artists over the age of 18, that live in middle Georgia
Entry Fee: Free
Macon Arts Gallery is seeking submissions for our September 2021 show, Inspired by Otis. Artists are able to openly interpret what inspires them about Otis Redding and his legacy. This show is a partnership with the Otis Redding Foundation, and a portion of all proceeds will be donated to their mission.
About the Otis Redding Foundation:
The Otis Redding Foundation’s mission is to empower, enrich, and motivate all young people through programs involving music, writing and instrumentation.
Otis Redding was dedicated to improving the quality of life for our community through the education and empowerment of its youth. Prior to his untimely passing in 1967, Otis Redding was already awarding scholarships to young students continuing their education. After his death, his widow Mrs. Zelma Redding continued his philanthropic efforts, and established the Otis Redding Foundation in his honor in 2007. With its roots in music, the Foundation offers opportunities for youth to exercise their talents and expand their abilities.
- 2D work should not exceed 60” x 72”
- 3D work must be able to be fit on a 16” x 16” pedestal or be able to be hung on a wall.
- Applications must include a short bio and statement about the work
- Accepted work must be shipped or hand-delivered to the gallery
- If shipping the work, postage must be pre-paid, and must include a return shipping label.
- Special installation requirements must be detailed in the application with specific hardware or devices provided.
- Entries must be available for sale at Macon Arts Gallery during the exhibition using a 60% / 40% artist/gallery commission formula. Work will also be listed for sale online at maconarts.org/shop.
- Unsold work may be picked up or will be shipped back within a month following the conclusion of the show (September 24th)
All submissions should be directed to Sierra Bush by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.