The Community Arts Programming and Projects (CAPP) fund is a program of the Macon Arts Alliance which funds up to $5,000 to any non-profit organization with an arts mission or an arts related project. Individuals or organizations without non-profit status may apply using a fiscal sponsor. The program is funded by Macon-Bibb County through Macon Arts Alliance, which is the designated arts agency for our local government.
The purpose of the grant funding is to bolster and increase arts programming across Macon-Bibb County and enhance the cultural vibrancy of our community by advancing the 2020 Cultural Master Plan for Macon. Priorities set by the plan include Tourism, Education, Creative Industries, Neighborhood Development, and Audience Cultivation. The full plan will be released this spring.
- Funding is for projects or activities that take place between July 1 and June 30 following the application period.
- Applications open in January of each year.
- The application deadline is 5 PM on March 31st of the application year.
- Applicants will have an opportunity to meet the grant review panel in May with successful applications announced in mid-June.
- In preparing your application we recommend reading the sample application below in its entirety, typing your responses in a separate document, and gathering the required documents before beginning the online submission process. Macon Arts only accepts applications submitted through the online form below and cannot accept hardcopy or emailed applications.