Macon Arts Alliance announces a call for scripts for the Macon Film Project, a creative community production in collaboration with Macon Film Festival.
The Macon Film Project is a community-produced narrative short film project. The project will be led and the film directed by the Macon Arts Alliance Artist in Residence and produced in collaboration with Macon Film Festival and Film Macon. A call for crew and volunteers will go out in March with production expected later this spring.
The Mill Hill Artist in Residence is a program funded by the Community Foundation of Central Georgia and Georgia Power for the purpose of working in the Mill Hill East Macon Arts Village to revitalize that community.
- Submitted scripts will need to reflect a narrative short film to not exceed 15 minutes in length. Any genre accepted. The script selected as the contest winner will be filmed in Macon, GA.
- Submissions are limited to screenwriter(s) based in Bibb, Houston, Jones, Twiggs, Crawford, Monroe, Baldwin and Peach Counties in Georgia.
- Works in progress are not encouraged. Submitted scripts will be reviewed/scored in the state they are received.
- There is no limit on how many scripts screenwriters can submit; however each script should be submitted as a separate entry.
- Scripts must be original works by the screenwriter(s). The Macon Film Festival and Macon Arts Alliance are not liable for copyright infringement or unauthorized use.
- The selected screenwriter will work with the Macon Arts Alliance Artist in Residence, Macon Film Festival, and a team comprised of Central Georgia filmmakers to produce a narrative short film for screening in Macon and submission to other film festivals.
Selected Screenwriter Prize:
Screenwriters selected as finalists will receive two VIP passes to the 2020 Macon Film Festival and a Patron level membership to the Macon Arts Alliance for one year.
Deadline for Applications:
February 12, 2020
Megan McNaught, Curator
Julie Wilkerson, Executive Director